?

Log in

No account? Create an account

July 4th, 2005

Some updates!

Well, I finally added a page for the Lavender Patch blanket.

I'm doing something experimental for my next blanket, and it may change quite a bit as it progresses.

Squares:
Solid: Red Heart Super Saver 347 Lt Periwinkle
Variegated: Red Heart Super Saver 968 Starbrights

Anyway, this is a triple experiment:
1. New way of doing solid squares, with the increases echoing a diagonal, rather than forming a straight-line seam. (Works well for creating the squares. We'll how the seaming goes.)
2. Use of multicolored yarn within the main part of the blanket. (Haven't tried this since the first blanket.) And use of more traditional lacy granny squares. (Okay, the squares themselves aren't much of a stretch, but I've never combined lacy squares with solid squares.)
3. Use of half-square triangles on the edges. (This is definitely different! I have no idea what I'm doing, but if it works, it should be pretty cool.)

I have no idea how this is going to work out, but it looks good so far! (19 blue solid, 1 blue triangle, 2 variegated squares)

Oh yeah, and I fixed a hotlink that I had promised to fix about 6 weeks ago. My intentions were good. My time management was bad. Mea culpa. (Thank you, Jeanne, for taking time out from your happy scrappy blanket to send me a nudge comment!)

And the sun is now down, and I hear fireworks. Time to go out onto the balcony and see what I can see over the trees!

Latest Month

November 2010
S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930    
Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by chasethestars